Finding the edge in analyzing unique market Cycles.
I guess no pullback. Market looking like it wants to go move higher still.
1395.50 SPX is where my red fork targets rests. I think it sells off from that level.
It touched 1397 AH. What down side target do we have from here? 1360 or a bit lower still?
Yes, we could test that level again on the downside.
Going back to early March the VIX chart is a great, clean example of a cup and handle also.
Vix charts are tricky when you consider etfs are trading futures.....remember that. I think $3.25 is the area HVU will hit to be a buy..
Yes that is important, and I'm well aware of that. That is why cash VIX should make a higher high, but UVXY only a lower high from April 10th.
SC, so you think HVU is going to 3.25? so spike will not occure?Also are still holding UVXY? you said you bought in heavy yesterday...Thanks
No, I don't see it reaching down there at all. The VIX is set to spike sharply. I bought heavy yesterday, and am going to max out my position shortly. When this solid an opportunity presents I take full advantage.
can you please advice at what price you targeting to maximize your position on UVXY?Thank you
Anything at this level looks attractive. I've been waiting to see if SPX can reach 1395.50.
But if you cheak VIX daily chart, it could hit in 16's that will be nasty blow another 10% on VIX and 20% on UVXY and HVU...Am I reading it correct? based on BB range and looking at bottom BB.Thanks
I don't see any chance of that happening.
I think you are right in the risk of UVXY and HVU right now, and I do think it has another down leg left.....however when that happens is anyones guess. I would rather hold watching the S & P levels rather than continually trying HVU and bleeding more and more catching a falling knife.....that said, it does look ready for a short term spike as SC stated, and I think the best buying opp will come at the end of the day.
Thanks SS!Why you think good opportunity will come at the end of the day?Thanks
SC,S & P moving towards 1395 right now, if it hits, are you planning to fill your balance position?I just want to time my purchase right..Thanks
Yes, I am.
There is a pattern I am currently reviewing. It is looking quite possible that my target for UVXY is way too low.
If VIX go up from here then VIX can reach around 29 from current level of 18...so yes your target is way too low if that happens....Here is the technicals...http://www.forexpros.com/analysis/vix:-a-must-check-out-chart-121161
Looks like HVU/UVXY going to be in bad shapeVIX is going down here....
There we go 1395.50 SPX. So I maxed my position at $13.15.
I think SPX is heading for 1326 next.
I am putting my UVXY for sale at $27.60.
UVXY at over $27 is quite a target from these levels ($13.15)! That means HVU over $7. To get to those numbers, this market would have to really fall hard, a prospect I also don't relish much.
SC when is all this going to happen to the downside? Thanks MC
Over the next week.
Yesterday i mentioned set stop lost on HVU my new target HVU will be @ 3.00 or below play safe ....
I expect a pull back tomorrow my hrs chart RSI or above 90%
uvxy seems to be re-testing all time lows.
1398. Still going strong.
Destiny, you could be right. I'm thinking $3.30 - $3.25 is the bottom before it goes up though....could be at the close today, or the open tomorrow...
A pull back might come either friday or next monday dont get trap in again because SPX daily chart still have alot of room to go up reverse back with Vix daily heading futher down properly i m wrong but my target Hvu 3.50 while it was above 5
i try to pick the lowest price so can save myself from those contango .
Vix ( Foxe-pro ) will chop down 2 more current @ 18 will be around 16 so will be fine for us to buy .
This thing is not going down...
Well this move down to 1358 and now to 1400. Not one of your best calls SC :(
I think its safe to say ZIGZAg's chart is in play... lows are in already a few days ago.
well, i'm out. no point fighting this.
I think you are right and while the market may pull back tomorrow, I think its too risky holding these 2x Vix etfs overnight....except maybe HND.
I'm staying put with my position. I think the market is in big trouble here. Everyone turned bullish way too fast. Always a warning.
AAII came out with their numbers this morning. 27% bulls/ 37% bears.
I just mean on a short term basis.
A pull back will be come if you see Dow Jone @ level 13225 - 13250
Market is on fire!!!!
SC, i am curious, why don't you put stop lose? just in case you are on the wrong side.
I'm looking for a big spike in the VIX. So I don't worry about the little things. Once the analysis is done then I give my trades room and let them work. Having said that I will draw the line when it is appropriate.
snp has higher high, but vix no lower lowe, maybe your right.
Choppy, I think you are wrong here. The VIX on this down leg has not put in a lower low, but the S&P hasn't put in a higher high either.....if you are looking at simply the recent action, then the $3.45 print on HVU and the 1401 print on the S&P are a lower low and higher high respectively.
Not even pull back at this level.
Might get a small pull-back and then it will go higher.
My UVXY is all for sale at $27.60. Now I'm sitting back waiting for the fill :)
when you think your target will be reached? next week?Thanks
this is more than double current price.
Yes, it is and that is why I'm going to give this trade some room to work.
I thnk you are going to see the VIX spike around the May 6th French elections, but I don't think you'll see anywhere close to your targets...could be wrong though.
27.60 would be crash of 100+ s&p points
I think we're looking at a freefall to 1326.
When do you see 1326....after we hit 1450?
No I think we're heading there right now.
Gold and Silver could go wildly up here too.
From my technical prospective, above spx 1390 and I gotta be bullish. I just don't see what you are seeing SC. If we break back below 1390, I may see but for now it is a shot in the dark that you are correct. We shall C.
I think my original chart at the end of March for VIX was correct.http://cyclicalmarketanalysis.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vix-volatile-april-ahead.html
We hit the first target on the VIX, and the second target is around 29 for VIX. That would put UVXY around $28 I figure.
Most often the first thought is the correct one.
Look at the DOW...like mad elephant..going like no tomorrow...tomorrow should be interesting...
Bottom line if I am right, the SPX should not go much higher here. Certainly not above 1420. If it starts to slide soon, then I believe I am correct, and the bottom should be around 1326 SPX with a serious waterfall move.Let's see...
It could take a week or so though in total. Not likely to be overnight. So if SPX stalls out here and starts to slide for a few days, then my scenario looks right.
Could be wrong but it looks like the spx is still in a bear flag, the last move down may have been a false signal.
Face it. Correction is over.
Somehow, I doubt that is the case, however next week will tell the real story.
Haha that's what I like to hear.
For some reason I get the feeling that the SPX will rise to 1425 before having the bottom fall out.....with May 6th area being the time when it happens.We'll see. I'm safer in HND at the moment, I think, lol.
The VIX didn't spike on that last SPX bottom at 1360. Too much complacency for a real bottom imo.Also, why the sudden delays in the Facebook deal? Is there a problem with the market in May? It seems suspicious...
FAT FINGER ALERT>> FUTURES TOOK A BIG tank in the after hours.. what happened?
S&P cut Spain's rating. DOn't worry everything will be back to normal tomorrow.
Who here believes in free markets? I don't, they will make the market look like its going to crash shortly and when u least expect it make a move up again possibly to new highs until the real one comes in. They've done it before and will do it again to screw the common person.
On that note I stand by my call bear flag is still in play for the spx to around the 1300 area.
agreed sun_shine. I was happy with uvxy aftermarket yesterday.. But of course it couldn't last. 180 this morning.
mkt should churn for a couple days between 1375 & 1400.Bad GDP tomorrow could take it down to 1375 possibly at open.cycle top due Apr30-& May1stnext big pivot low after May 1st should hit on May7ththats all for nowbest wishesJaywiz